All guests are required to sign a waiver before rental a bike or participating in a guided ride/tour with Arbutus Routes. This document is view-able here.
A 20% Deposit is due at the time of booking to confirm your tour and/or rental. The remaining balance is due in store before departure. Size changes and alterations can be done via email, phone, or in-store; but are subject to availability.
In the event of Changes, Cancellations and Late returns; we ask that you keep us notified of your changing plans so we can best accommodate you and our other guests. Our official policies are outlined below:
Changes and Cancellations:
– Changes or Cancellations made outside of 48 hours from departure; the deposit will be returned in full or transferred to another day for future booking.
– Changes or Cancellations made within 48 hours from departure; but not on the day of departure, the 20% deposit is retained as a cancellation fee.
– Cancellations made on the day of departure; No refunds will be issued on the day of departure and payment will be processed in full. Changes on the day of departure are subject to availability and charges are at the discretion of the booking agent.
– All Equipment (this includes all rented product) must be returned no later than the end date and time as indicated on the invoice or they will be considered a late return.
– In the event of a late return, it is at the discretion of the booking agent to charge additional rental fees up-to the duration of the delay.
– Equipment that are returned the following day after a rental period ends will be charged an additional non-discounted 24hr day rate for each item.
Loss/Damage of Equipment:
– Equipment must be returned in the condition that they were rented in, with the exception of general cleanliness and ‘typical wear and tear’.
- ‘Typical wear and tear’ is considered the typical wear that the Equipment would experience during use, such as the wearing of brake pads, tire rubber and grips. Scratches, gouges and broken components are not considered wear and tear.
- Cleanliness refers to mud and dirt that accumulates during normal usage. Excessive mud, dirt or other debris may result in us kindly requesting that you wash the equipment before returning.
- Damage caused to the Equipment will be assessed by the Manager on duty and a charge will be calculated based on the replacement and/or repair cost incurred. We aim to be fair in this assessment and will charge the company cost of repair/replacement. This charge will be voided if ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) was included with the rental.
- ADP (Accidental Damage Protection) covers the Equipment from damage charges that may be incurred during normal use.
- ADP does not cover loss/theft or intentional damage to the equipment.
- ADP is not insurance and does not offer any coverage other than the potential damage charges incurred due to equipment damage.
- ADP must be purchased before departure. If you choose to purchase ADP after the rental period has started, the equipment must be returned to the store for inspection.
- ADP is not transferable to other equipment and must be purchased on a per item per day basis.